6 pork and fennel sausages
2 tins (800g) diced tomatoes
3 onions, sliced
1 tbsp ginger, minced
1 tbsp garlic, minced
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 small bunch parsley, chopped
1 small bunch coriander, chopped
6 spring onions, chopped
4 large green chillies, chopped
Salt, to taste
- Drizzle a little vegetable oil into a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Once hot, carefully lower sausages into the pan and cook for about 2 minutes before flipping. Continue turning the sausages every few minutes until they are brown on all sides, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove sausages and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice diagonally into pieces and set aside until required.
- In the same saucepan over low-medium heat, add a generous amount of vegetable oil. Cook onions gently and do not allow to colour, about 5 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic, thyme, parsley, coriander, spring onion and chilli to the saucepan and continue to cook, stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the sausage and stir well. Cook for a further 5 minutes, remove the sprigs of thyme and season with salt.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice or roti.